I believe strongly in educating patients and equipping them with the means to sustain their health independently whenever possible. The more you become involved with your health and responsible for your body, the better you will feel.
First office visits usually last about an hour and a half. Follow up visits can range from 45 minutes to an hour. Please take time to fill out the forms below and bring them to your first visit.
Health History & Consent (4 pg. pdf)
Scope of Practice (1 pg. pdf)
Acknowledgement of Privacy Practices (1 pg. pdf)
Notice of Privacy Practices (3 pg. pdf)
The first part of the treatment is a discussion of what brings you in for treatment, your overall health history and any questions you might have related to treatment. After this dialogue, I will do some physical assessments and give you a treatment. I use several diagnostic methods including: tongue assessment, pulse, channel and abdominal palpation.
We will then talk about your future treatment plan, your responsibilities in terms of follow up (herbal prescriptions, necessary exercises, return visits) as well as dietary and lifestyle advice.
Things to Know
Following are suggestions to help you have a safe and relaxing experience with acupuncture. If you have any questions, please contact me prior to your first visit.
- Bring your notes and a list of current medications.
- Wear loose and comfortable clothing during your treatments.
- Make sure you have eaten something before treatment.
- Avoid heavy exertion in the few hours before and after treatment.
- Acupuncture is not performed on individuals who are fasting. Being over-hungry increases the risk of nausea or dizziness. It is also important to not overeat or eat any foods that cause you stomach upset (for example, rich, greasy, fried, or extremely spicy foods).
- Set aside enough time so that you are not rushing to and from your visit. Physical strain immediately before or after acupuncture can weaken your body. Please schedule your activities on the day of your visit accordingly.
- Be on time for your appointment so that you may benefit fully. When you make an appointment, please understand that time has been reserved for you. There will be a charge for missed appointments without 24 hours notice.